7 day inspirational challenge
By Donovan Grant
Do you like challenges? You know the chance to test yourself and see how good you are. If so, we are in the same team and I would like to invite you join me on a 7 day challenge. There is no prize at the end though; you’ll just feel a lot better because you took part.
I’ve picked a few of my favourite tasks and put them together as a daily action list. All you need to do is to complete all the tasks every day for 7 days and then come back and leave a comment in the comment box below.
You're not going to be chased or told off if you skip an exercise or even a day. It’s just meant to be a bit of fun to help you get focused, disciplined and sharp so you can move closer to your ideal lifestyle.
Take a read through and get started today!!
1. Ask yourself breakfast questions every day answering these questions at the start of the day will help to remind you of what is important in your life right now.
What is my greatest challenge in my life right now?
Who do I love in my life?
What am I proud of in my life?
What brings me happiness in my life?
What am I grateful for in my life?
2. Do one random act of kindness every day. It doesn’t have to be anything particularly large, however do it in a way so that the person has no idea that you helped them. If you can do a different thing every day, this will be a real bonus.
3. Give away or throw away a personal item you no longer use – do this every day. This is going to be a tough one but it will be a great one to do. If you’re anything like me you may hoard a lot of things and never get round to de-cluttering. Well here is your chance to have a quick de-clutter.
4. Wake up 30 minutes earlier every day and use that time to work on your no.1 goal. We can all shave 30 minutes of sleeping time, so let’s create a new habit and use the time to bring your goal forward.
5. Read for 30 minutes some time during the day. If possible read a non-fiction book that may even be related to you goal that you are working on. Please let me know what book you are reading.
6. Jump on Facebook or Twitter and post three inspirational messages throughout the day. You may post a quote, a picture or something of your own but try to really inspire someone from the bottom of your heart.
7. 20 – 30 minutes of exercise – Whether you’re a couch potato or a gym freak, we want you do some exercise every day!! It can be anything from walking up and down the stairs, to dancing salsa; it doesn’t matter, just make sure you get active.
8. To make it even better, take a photo every day and before you go to bed write a journal entry that sums up how the day went for you. Include what your strengths were; what your weaknesses were; what went well, what your grateful for and what you could do different next time. Just write anything that seems fitting to include.
It may seem like a tall order, but that’s just tough. It’s time for us to get serious.
If you’re up for the challenge leave you name in the comment box below and keep me posted how you are getting on.
I look forward to reading about your challenge
Let’s beat the challenge together!!
Donovan Grant is a coach, mentor, blogger, speaker and IT professional who brings his wisdom of parenting for the last 21 years and coaching clients through the stages of raising youth and empowering leaders with life lessons that are changing generations. He is a passionate and committed leader who believes that we all have the ability to help to change someone else’s life. Actively doing so as a catalyst for many years he teaches how to live a life of success, balance, integrity and fun, whether at work or at play. www.donovangrant.com